The Roman Catholic Parish of
Our Lady Queen of Apostles (Cheddar)
Year of St Joseph Indulgences:
To mark the 150th anniversary of Blessed Pope Pius IX's declaration of St Joseph as Patron of the Universal
Church, Pope Francis has written an Apostolic Letter entitled Patris corde ("With a Father's Heart"), in which he
has proclaimed a special "Year of St Joseph," which began on 8th December 2020 and extending to the same
feast in 2021. The Apostolic Penitentiary also issued a decree granting special indulgences for the duration of the
year to celebrate the anniversary and "to perpetuate the entrustment of the whole Church to the powerful
patronage of the Custodian of Jesus." The plenary indulgence is granted under the usual conditions:
- To those who will meditate for at least 30 minutes on the Lord's Prayer, or take part in a Spiritual Retreat of
at least one day that includes a meditation on St. Joseph.
- By those who, following St. Joseph's example, will perform a spiritual or corporal work of mercy. St. Joseph
"encourages us to rediscover the value of silence, prudence and loyalty in carrying out our duties".
- Everyone who entrusts their daily activity to the protection of St. Joseph, and every faithful who invokes the
intercession of St. Joseph so that those seeking work can find dignifying work can also obtain the plenary
- To the faithful who will recite the Litany to St. Joseph, or the Akathistos to St. Joseph, or any other prayer
to St. Joseph proper to the other liturgical traditions, for the persecuted Church ad intra and ad extra, and
for the relief of all Christians suffering all forms of persecution.
- The recitation of the Holy Rosary in families and among engaged couples, in order that "all Christian families
may be stimulated to recreate the same atmosphere of intimate communion, love and prayer that was in the
We have copies of the Benedictine Yearbook 2021: priced £3.75. Please see Dom Bede or Dom Anselm if you would like a copy.
We're in it! ONLY 2 LEFT!
If you wish to set up an electronic means for giving your collection, please contact:
You can also donate to the parish using Paypal or a debit or credit card by clicking the button below:-
Keeping in touch: A note to say that we have a weekly keeping in touch email. If you would like to receive it to